|Join us on Facebook:
Please consider the shelter for your charitable giving!
Renew your commitment to wildlife! The West Sound Wildife Shelter needs your assistance to continue
protecting and rehabilitating the wildlife of Kitsap County and the Western Puget Sound region.
Any donations are greatly appreciated, whether they are of money or in-kind.
Below are our one-year giving levels.
Gift to You
||Friend of Wildlife
||Annual calendar, newsletter
|$1000 or more
||Council of Eagles
||See the Council of Eagles page for details
Ways to donate
Donate online through our secure
donations system. If you prefer not to donate online, you can
call us at 206-855-9057 or send us a check, payable to West Sound
Wildlife Shelter. Mail to:
West Sound Wildlife Shelter
7501 NE Dolphin Drive
Bainbridge Island WA 98110
Other ways to donate:
There are also several community giving programs such as One Call For All (Bainbridge Island only), which takes place every October, and the Kitsap Great Give, which covers all of Kitsap County and takes place for 24 hours on the first Tuesday in May.
Consider other times to donate just a few dollars, like Giving Tuesday, which will take place the first Tuesday in December.
Look for reminders on our Facebook page, Twitter and email!
Please check with your employer to see if they have a matching gifts benefit. We're happy to help with any information you need to get started.
Help the Shelter While Shopping!
Whether shopping online or in your community, there are several ways to help the Shelter just by shopping.
Amazon Smile - Did you know that .05% of eligible purchases comes back to the Shelter when you shop at Amazon Smile? Just click below to get started!
Fred Meyer Community Rewards
Link your Community Rewards card to the Shelter!
You can help us give injured wildlife a second chance at life by donating the much needed items listed below. Collecting items in your community is also a great project for kids, groups, classrooms and clubs and a simple, fun and rewarding way to help wildlife. Donations are tax deductible.
For questions contact the shelter at 206-855-9057.
Animal care / hospital supplies
- Non-Latex disposable gloves (prefer Nitrile, S, M or L, MEDIUM needed most)
- Cotton balls
- Gauze pads (not rollable)
- Expired PET medications (no human medications please)
- Co-Flex veterinary wrap (carried at most feed stores)
- Small plastic pet holders with intact lids (normally for reptiles and insects)
- Natural feather dusters
Bedding (thank you for your generous donations, but we cannot accept any comforters, blankets or sleeping bags. Please consider donating these to homeless and cold weather shelters.)
- Towels and face cloths (bath size - new and used)
- General notes: we cannot accept towels that are torn, stained*, frayed or have large amounts of embroidery. Injuries and death can result if the animals get caught in holes and threads.
- Sheets and pillow cases (new and used, twin and full size preferred, no fitted)
- General notes: we cannot accept sheets or pillow cases that are torn, stained*, frayed or have large amounts of embroidery.
*Stained bedding: Although the bedding may have been washed, stains from chemicals (automobile polishes, house paint, thinners, mineral spirits, etc) or bleach, may leave residual that is dangerous to our patients.
- Raw meat, poultry and seafood (no cured meats)
- Walnuts (shelled or in shell)
- Seasonal fruits
- apples, plums, peaches, berries, melon, etc. (please no avocado, grapes, or citrus)
- Vegetables and greens
- Cracked corn
- Honey Greek Yogurt (has to have fat)
- Canned cat food
- Rubbermaid-like containers with lids (any size)
- Medium and large plastic storage tubs with lids
- Toilet paper
- Paper towels
- 45-gallon garbage/trash bags
- Heating pads (no automatic shut-off)
- Batteries - all sizes
- Liquid Laundry detergent - Unscented / HE
- Dawn dish soap, refill bottles preferred
- Liquid hand soap, not antibacterial, refill bottles preferred
- Unscented disinfecting bleach
- Chlorohexadine (commercially Nolvasan)
- Sponges with non-scratch "Scotchbrite"
- Painter’s tape (blue) - 1” (not masking tape)
- Cable/Zip ties
- Squirrel-size Have-A-Heart traps
- Gift cards (hardware stores, pet stores, retail stores)
- Gas cards
- Standing, full-spectrum lamps and bulbs
- Folding tables (plastic, 6-8 foot)
Make Your Property into a Wildlife Release Site
Is your property great wildlife habitat?
Complete the Release Site form (download a pdf or word document) and send it in to the address on the page or to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your property looks like a good match for some of our releasable patients, we'll be in touch. Thank you!